At Monkhouse Primary School our uniform is important, and all pupils are expected to wear it. Governors have approved the following uniform:
- Grey or black skirt or pinafore dress, or Red and White Gingham Dresses
- Grey or black Trousers / Grey or black shorts in the summer
- White Polo Shirt
- Red Sweatshirt or Cardigan
- White, black, grey socks
- White, black, grey or red tights
- Black polishable school shoes for outdoor wear – not trainers (except on PE days). A change of shoes for indoor wear in snowy weather
- Wellies for outdoor adventurous play
School Tracksuit, red t-shirt, black shorts (summer) and trainers.
- Grey or black skirt or pinafore dress – please no cullottes dresses!
- Grey or black trousers, jogging pants or leggings – whatever your child can manage best for toileting (beware of trousers with tricky fastenings!)
- White polo shirt
- Red and white gingham dress
- Red sweatshirt or cardigan
- Sensible, flat velcro fastening footwear that children can remove and put on themselves with a little help. These must be suitable for indoor and outdoor wear.
- White, black or grey socks.
- A named pair of wellies to be kept in school
Items with the school logo can be purchased from the school office. We feel that this clothing policy gives the children an added sense of belonging to their school and that they will wear their uniform with pride. All items of clothing must be named.